Since our founding in 1921 Goodwill of Delaware has provided a hand up, not a hand out in order to improve the quality of life for people with barriers to self-sufficiency through the Power of Work!
With support from the community, over the years we’ve delivered job training, social services, job placement and retention services, and work opportunities to tens of thousands of people in Delaware and Delaware County. People who had few or no other options to self-sufficiency – the differently-abled, veterans, opportunity youth, seniors, returning citizens… and our communities are better for each of their efforts to overcome their barriers.
As we celebrate our centennial throughout 2021, we extend our sincere thanks to:
- our community of donors who from the early days of the famous ‘Goodwill bag’ have generously given their new and gently-used clothing, shoes and household items to be sold in our stores,
- our loyal shoppers – savvy bargain hunters, antiques afficiandos, collectors, resellers, upcyclers, crafters, Halloween costume makers, and more, whose every purchase – whether in our stores or on shopgoodwill.com – supports our mission,
- clients of Goodwill Staffing and Goodwill Industrial/Janitorial services who by doing business with us not only create jobs that restore dignity and hope, but whose business also supports our mission,
- our community partners and sponsors, whose collaboration and financial contributions multiplies our capacity to serve,
- our founders, board members and leadership, volunteers and team members past and present who’ve generously served the organization over the years,
and last but certainly not least,
- to every person who has participated in a Goodwill training program and gone on to improve their quality of life – whom we refer to as Goodwill members for life. Each of you embody the Goodwill mission – you are the reason we continue to serve, and you are the reason why our donors and community partners continue to contribute!
Thank you one and all! Please join us here and on social media, @goodwillde for updates on our celebration activities.