TRAIN TO GAIN
Preparation for Success
Train to Gain is a program specifically designed for adults who are experiencing barriers to self-sufficiency due to gaps in employment and especially for those with justice system involvement. Train to Gain is administered in partnership with the Delaware Workforce Development Board and the Delaware Department of Labor, and provides paid work experience to individuals while they participate in job readiness training.
If you want to transition into the workplace, this program can help you develop marketable job skills and obtain long-term employment!
Train to Gain provides an 8 week long program part-time employment and skills development programs for Delaware residents over 18 years. Participants can work up to 24 hours per week while developing highly employable skills, with the ultimate goal of securing participants unsubsidized employment.
Are you an eligible participant who wants to apply?
SUPPORT TRAIN TO GAIN
Are you an employer, volunteer, or donor who would like to support this program?
- Resident of New Castle County Delaware
- 18+ years old
- Eligible to work in the United States
For all Goodwill Workforce Development programs, there are some basic documents that are worth gathering in advance to speed up the process! After submitting an inquiry, please make sure:
- Your physical state ID is accessible and not expired
- Your physical social security card is accessible
- You have documents to verify your income if requested
HOW TO JOIN
GOOD TO KNOW
- Around 85% of participants secure permanent placement
- We assist in job search if placement is not permanent
- Participants are able to work part-time upward of 27+ hours per week
- Work experience is paid
Interested in taking part in the Train to Gain program? Fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you upon submission!