Goodwill Announces Inspiration Awards Honorees
May 2, 2022 GoodwillGoodwill
Goodwill of Delaware & Delaware County Announces Inspiration Awards Honorees
WILMINGTON, DE (May 2, 2022) – Leading regional workforce development provider, Goodwill of Delaware and Delaware County announces the names of this year’s honorees for the return of its Goodwill Inspiration Awards Luncheon. For the last two years, the event – which celebrates and recognizes individuals and organizations that believe in the strength of the Power of Work.
The event will be held Friday, May 20, 2022, at 11:30 a.m., at the Chase Center in Wilmington, Delaware and will recognize Goodwill’s program participants, team members and community organizations, making a difference in the community through their inspiring accomplishments.
Goodwill of Delaware & Delaware County will honor:
- Community Partner of the Year Award: Delaware Department of Labor, Division of Unemployment Insurance.
- Community Partner of the Year Award: New Castle County Government for COVID-19 Testing Site Staffing Partnership.
- Senator William V. Roth Achievement Award: James Howard, graduate of Goodwill’s Work A Day Earn A Pay program for justice-involved citizens.
- Achiever of the Year Award: Sylvester Shockley
- Arline Docherty Team Member of the Year Award: Eileen Bovell
As this will be the first in person awards luncheon in two years, Goodwill will also recognize those that would have received their award in 2020:
- Community Partner of the Year: Delaware Department of Transportation Work-A-Day, Earn-A-Pay Program.
- H. Beauchamp Volunteer of the Year Award: William Sanders
- Employer of the Year Award: ComForCare Home Services
- Achiever of the Year Award: Orlando Freeman
- Arline Docherty Team Member of the Year Award: Teresa White
- Senator William V. Roth Achievement Award: Robert Wilson
For tickets and sponsorship information please visit www.GoodwillDE.org/Awards.
About Goodwill of Delaware and Delaware County
For over 100 years, the mission of Goodwill of Delaware and Delaware County has been to improve the quality of life for individuals with barriers to self-sufficiency through the Power of Work! This mission is supported by proceeds from donations to our retail and e-commerce operations, and revenue generated through our Industrial Services and Staffing Services programs. In 2021 alone, through our Workforce Development programs, Goodwill of Delaware and Delaware County provided more than 9,400 services and served more than 3,000 people throughout the region. For information on our stores, donation locations, or services, visit our website: www.GoodwillDE.org. About Goodwill of Delaware and Delaware County
# # #