GOODWORKS RETAIL TRAINING
Preparation for Success
GOODWorks Retail Training is an exciting multi-week program offering career-oriented experience for teenagers and young adults with special needs. Through job readiness, skills training, and ongoing counseling, GOODWorks prepares students for positions in industries such as hospitality, retail, banking, and manufacturing. Counselors work one-on-one with students to identify training needs and provide the most appropriate support services.
We offer in person, virtual, and work-based learning experiences where students learn:
- Digital skills
- Digital merchandising and sales
- Job readiness skills
- Interacting with others
- Personal development
- Connecting to employment
- Retail sorting, processing, and stocking
- Soft skills
GOODWorks Retail Training program is exclusively offered to teenagers and young adults with special needs.
- Ages 14-21
- *ages 14-17 must provide working papers
- Completed DVR referral form
- 504, IEP, or medical diagnosis documentation
For all Goodwill Workforce Development programs, there are some basic documents that are worth gathering in advance to speed up the process! After submitting an inquiry, please make sure*
- Your physical state ID is accessible and not expired
- Your physical social security card is accessible
- You have documents to verify your income if requested
*If any of these requests feel unattainable for you, please still submit an inquiry and our case managers will help you with any documentation issues.
We offer training sessions in the summer, fall, and spring.
June 20th – July 15th | Monday – Thursday
July 25th – August 18th | Monday – Thursday
Sept 6th – Nov 16th | Monday – Friday
GOOD TO KNOW
- Students will be bussed from school to training location*
- Students will be paid for the productive work time portion of the program
- We assist students with the job search process
*For summer sessions, a parent or guardian must provide transportation to and from program location
Interested in participating in the GOODworks program? Register today! We’d love to have you!
We’re happy to talk you through the process. Reach out to our amazing staff!
Goodwill Workforce Development